New Year’s Eve is just a few days away and many are planning menus for their celebrations. This easy and quick to prepare appetizer is a favorite of mine. Prepare day of the party to ensure the freshest quality and best taste. A frozen piece of salmon can be thawed fairly quickly in an ice bowl of water. Once thawed, roast salmon in oven, allow to cool slightly, flake in bowl, then add the remainder of the ingredients. Super simple, yet impressive in taste.
Salmon pairs perfectly with Champagne or sparking white wine too making this a flavorful selection to add to your party menu. Boisset Collection has many sparkling wines from which to choose to pair up with this delicious appetizer. Check out the options here: https://my.boissetcollection.com/entertainingwithfriends
Thanks for following along. Cheers to you for a Happy New Year 2020!
8 ounces boneless salmon filet
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons crème fraîche
1 tablespoon dill, minced
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
Zest of one lemon
Crackers or cucumber rounds for serving
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- 2. Place salmon filet on a small baking tray.
- 3. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Bake 15 minutes until cooked through.
- 5. If salmon has skin, remove and discard. Set salmon aside until cool.
- 6. Place salmon in a bowl. Using a fork, flake until chopped into pieces.
- 7. Add crème fraiche, dill, shallot, remaining lemon juice, and zest. Blend together.
- 8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 10. Spread on crackers or cucumber rounds. Garnish with a few flakes of sea salt and dill.
- 11. Serve.